Classic Streamliners - TRAINCYCLOPEDIA
Caddo and Choctaw geared Shay steam locomotive No. 11.
Caddo and Choctaw 2-6-2 No. 7.
Caddo and Choctaw Railroad
The Caddo and Choctaw Railroad Company (C&C) was s a single-track, standard-gauge steam railroad located in the western part of Arkansas. The owned mileage extended westerly from Rosboro, Arkansas, to Cooper Junction, a distance of 13.066 miles. The C&C also owned yard and side tracks totaling 0.962 mile, for a total of 14.018 miles of all tracks owned.
The property owned and operated by the C&C was constructed by company forces and small independent contractors, during the period from 1908 to 1911, as follows:
To June 30, 1908 2.00 mi
July 1, 1908, to June 30, 1909 6.00 mi
July 1, 1909, to June 30, 1910 4.00 mi
July 1, 1910, to June 30, 1911 1.75 mi
Total constructed 13.75 mi
Less track near Cooper, removed during 1914 0.69 mi
Total 13.06 miles.
Abandonment was granted from MP 1 to MP 14 on July 30, 1923, and abandonment from MP 0 to MP 1 was authorized on October 21, 1924.
The C&C owned two steam locomotives and 44 freight cars.
Purchases through our Merchant Links and Store help to defray the costs of operating the non-profit Classic Streamliners website, and at no additional cost to you. All of the staff at Classic Streamliners are unpaid volunteers who have all devoted thousands of hours of their own time to bring the site into fruition. We would like to sincerely thank all those who have already helped support this worthy cause. For more information click HERE.
Text: wikipedia.org. Images: Public Domain; http://www.commons.wikimedia.org (unless otherwise specified) and 17 U.S. Code § 107 fair use. References: Lewis, Robert G. The Handbook of American Railroads. New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation, 1951, 2nd Edition 1956. Site Map Contact webmaster HERE.