Classic Streamliners - TRAINCYCLOPEDIA
Clinton-Oklahoma-Western Railroad Company of Texas
The original COW-T board included Joe A. Fell of Vernon, Texas, and nine investors from Wichita Falls, among those the entrepreneur Frank Kell and one of his sons-in-law, Charles Wilbur Cahoon, Jr. (1897–1979), the father of future State Representative Frank Kell Cahoon of Midland. In June 1928, the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway acquired the combination Clinton and Oklahoma Western and the COW-T. The link from Hemphill County to Pampa was completed in 1929; two years later an 11-mile segment was added in Gray County from rural Heaton to the since largely abandoned oil camp of Coltexo. Both the COW-T and the Clinton Oklahoma Western were leased in 1931 to the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway, which thereafter owned the lines from 1948 until their disestablishment in 1965.
A Clinton-Oklahoma-Western Railroad Company of Texas stock certificate.
By source 17 U.S. Code § 107 fair use.
Purchases through our Merchant Links and Store help to defray the costs of operating the non-profit Classic Streamliners website, and at no additional cost to you. All of the staff at Classic Streamliners are unpaid volunteers who have all devoted thousands of hours of their own time to bring the site into fruition. We would like to sincerely thank all those who have already helped support this worthy cause. For more information click HERE.
Text: wikipedia.org. Images: Public Domain; http://www.commons.wikimedia.org (unless otherwise specified) and 17 U.S. Code § 107 fair use. References: Lewis, Robert G. The Handbook of American Railroads. New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation, 1951, 2nd Edition 1956. Site Map Contact webmaster HERE.